“A tasty, savory version of twice baked sweet potatoes.”
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Pierce potatoes with a fork and bake until soft, about 1 hour. Remove from oven and cool until potatoes can be handled, about 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a large baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, place olive oil in small skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook and stir until softened and beginning to brown, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. Set shells aside. Place pulp into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add ricotta, salt, pepper, ginger, and sugar to the blender; blend until smooth.
- Return potato mixture to a bowl; stir in shallots, Parmesan cheese, and sage. Spoon mixture back into potato skins. Place potatoes on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until heated through, about 30 minutes.
source : allrecipes.com