- 3 cups water
- ⅓ cup oil
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- Oil, for frying
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cinnamon
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
1. In a large pot, bring the water, oil, and salt to a boil.
2. Add the flour and turn the heat off. Quickly stir the flour until it forms a smooth paste/ball.
3. Transfer the dough into a piping bag lined with a star tip.
4. Pipe 6-inch spirals onto a sheet lined with parchment paper, starting from the middle and going around in a circle, making sure that there are no gaps between the loops.
5. Repeat with the remaining dough.
6. Freeze the circles for at least 2 hours.
7. Heat oil in a pot over high heat.
8. Fry the circles until light golden brown, then drain them on a paper towel.
9. Mix the sugar and the cinnamon in a separate bowl.
10. Coat each churro disc in the cinnamon sugar mix, shaking off any excess.
11. Place a scoop of ice cream in between 2 churro discs.
source : https://www.buzzfeed.com/alvinzhou/these-churro-ice-cream-sandwiches-will-make-your-date-night