“I love southwestern salads, so I decided to create my own at home. You can add black beans, corn, or spice it up with chili peppers.”
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 tostada shells
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups fresh salsa
- 2 avocados – peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, white pepper, cumin, oregano, thyme, and salt together in a bowl.
- Rub spice mixture into each chicken breast to coat thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Cook chicken breasts in hot oil until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a baking dish. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken breasts are no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Slice chicken into strips.
- Fill each tostada shell with 1/2 cup lettuce. Divide chicken, salsa, avocados, Cheddar cheese, and olives between the tostada shells. Top each salad with ranch dressing.
source : allrecipes.com