“You can now enjoy your favorite Thanksgiving side dish all year long with this delicious appetizer in partnership with Hillshire Farm(R) Brand.”
- Cooking spray
- 6 cups cubed sourdough bread
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 ounces Hillshire Farm(R) Rope Smoked Sausage, cut in 1/4″ cubes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Honeycrisp apple
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 24-cup mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange bread on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake until toasted and dry, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place in a large bowl. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high until foamy, about 2 minutes. Add sausage; cook about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Add apple, onion, garlic, and sage; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apple and onion are slightly softened. Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with bread.
- Add chicken stock, parsley, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and eggs to bowl with bread mixture; toss gently until moistened. Divide mixture among muffin cups. Bake until set, about 20 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Use a small offset spatula to carefully remove from pans; serve warm.
source : allrecipes.com