- 3 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 4 large potatoes, cubed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Prep :
- Cook :
- Ready In :
- Place meat in a large plastic bag. Combine 1/4 cup flour with 1/2 teaspoon salt; pour into the bag with the meat, and shake to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add stew meat, and cook until evenly browned on the outside. Transfer to a slow cooker along with the carrots, potatoes, parsley, and pepper. In a small bowl, stir together 2 cups of boiling water and dry soup mix; pour into the slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, melt butter and saute onions until softened; remove to the slow cooker. Pour red wine into the skillet, and stir to loosen browned bits of food on the bottom. Remove from heat, and pour into the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on High for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to Low, and cook for 6 hours, or until meat is fork tender. In a small bowl or cup, mix together 2 tablespoons flour with 1/4 cup warm water. Stir into stew, and cook uncovered for 15 minutes, or until thickened.
source : allrecipes.com