“The warm goat cheese medallions take this salad to a whole new level. I like to serve this as a main dish salad with a nice crusty baguette on the side.”
- Goat Cheese Medallions:
- 2 tablespoons dried bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 ounces garlic and herb goat cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped shelled pistachios
- 1 beet, peeled
- 1 sweet potato, peeled
- 2 mini sweet peppers
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces fresh spinach
- Pistachio Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons shelled pistachios
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place bread crumbs and flour onto 2 separate plates. Place beaten egg in a small bowl. Divide goat cheese in 1/2 and roll into two balls. Flatten the balls to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Coat both cheese medallions with flour; dip into beaten egg. Coat evenly with bread crumbs. Spoon chopped pistachios on top of each, gently pressing into cheese. Place in a baking dish, cover, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut beet and sweet potato into spirals using a spiralizer. Remove stem, seeds, and ribs from peppers; cut into rings. Spread out vegetables on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Remove cheese medallions from the refrigerator and make space for them on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until vegetables have softened and cheese medallions have slightly browned, about 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet.
- While cheese and vegetables are cooling, combine 1/4 cup olive oil, shallot, shelled pistachios, flat-leaf parsley, vinegar, honey, and Dijon mustard in a food processor. Puree on high until the mixture is completely liquefied, 1 to 2 minutes. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide spinach between 2 plates. Top with beet and sweet potato spirals, sweet pepper rings, and a cheese medallion. Drizzle vinaigrette on top and serve immediately.
source : allrecipes.com