“Greek rice pudding is simple, comforting, and delicious. Some people in Greece make it with eggs, but my aunt prefers without. Best enjoyed cold – if you can wait that long!”
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked short-grain white rice
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or more to taste
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Immediately reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer uncovered very slowly, stirring occasionally, until most of the water has been absorbed and rice is soft, about 30 minutes.
- Pour 2 cups milk and sugar into the saucepan and increase heat to high.
- Meanwhile, stir together 1/2 cup milk and cornstarch in a bowl.
- Once rice-milk mixture is boiling, add cornstarch mixture and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined. Remove from heat.
- Ladle rice pudding into individual serving dishes and sprinkle with cinnamon. Allow to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 4 hours.
source : allrecipes.com