- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 ounces dark chocolate (between 60-72% is ideal), finely chopped
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, plus more for pan
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar, to top
- Soak the cherries in warm water for at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours. This will help plump them up nicely.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 9×13-inch square baking pan (or spray with a little cooking spray)
In a large mixing bowl, stir together the two flours, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
Combine the chopped chocolate and butter into a small saucepan and warm over low heat until the mixture is melted completely and smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together the sugar and the eggs on medium speed until quite pale and aerated, about 3 minutes. Reduce the speed to low and slowly add 1/3 of the dry ingredients, mixing just long enough to incorporate them. Add 1/3 of the butter/chocolate mixture and mix to combine. Repeat, until the dry mixture and butter/chocolate mixture are both fully incorporated. Turn off the mixer and fold in the quiona flakes by hand. Drain the cherries and fold them in as well.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly using a spatula.
Bake for 27-30 minutes, or until a toothpick is inserted into the center and comes out with just a few crumbs clinging to it. Cool at room temperature for at least 45 minutes before slicing. Using a fine-mesh sieve of sifter, sprinkle the tops with a little powdered sugar before slicing.
Source : https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-double-chocolate-cherry-quinoa-brownies-recipes-from-the-kitchn-183571