- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- ground black pepper to taste
- 3 1/2 pounds rump roast
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- Prep :
- Ready In :
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and black pepper to taste. Dredge the rump roast in the flour and cover evenly. Shake off excess.
- In a large pot over medium/high heat, melt the butter and brown the roast on all sides. Place in a 4 quart casserole dish with lid.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup mix, mushroom soup, and vermouth or white wine; pour over roast.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven for 3 hours or until desired doneness.
source : allrecipes.com