- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 large baking apple, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced small
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb. fresh, boneless skinless turkey, cut into bite sized pieces (I used breast, but you can use dark meat too)
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 (14 oz.) bag Herb Cubed Stuffing (not prepared)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a Dutch Oven on medium-low heat, melt the butter and saute the onion, celery, sweet potato, and apple until just softened.
- Add the turkey, parsley and the chicken broth and stir.
- Cover and bring to a low boil, about 2 minutes.
- Add the dry herb stuffing, the walnuts, cranberries and a little salt and pepper.
- Stir well.
- Cover and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm with gravy, steamed vegetables and cranberry sauce.
- Serves 6-8.
Source : allrecipes.com