- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups Ragu Old World Style Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can Hunt’s diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 (16 ounce) can Bush’s mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup Sargento shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and beef. Stirring frequently, cook until meat is browned and crumbly, about 3 minutes. Drain excess fat.
Stir in chicken broth, Ragu sauce, diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, beans, chili powder, and cumin. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil and stir in pasta; cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until pasta is al dente, about 14 minutes.
Remove from heat. Stir in the cheese and parsley. Serve immediately, garnished with additional cheese and parsley, if desired.