“A yummy, custard-like rice pudding that will remind you of home if you grew up in Newfoundland. I was searching for years and upon guidance from my aunt and some tested recipes, I fine-tuned a yummy result! Eat this pudding as is or top with whipped cream, tin of cream, or milk to your liking.”
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk (such as Carnation (R))
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 small eggs
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon custard powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Whisk rice, evaporated milk, raisins, eggs, white sugar, brown sugar, custard powder, and vanilla extract together in a bowl; pour into the prepared dish. Sprinkle nutmeg over rice mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center of pudding comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
source : allrecipes.com