“This is my grandmother’s recipe she invented back when times were tight. You can add more mushrooms and yellow squash to it. Serve over rice or egg noodles.”
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes with liquid, chopped
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef. Remove beef with a slotted spoon and discard fat.
- Return skillet to stove, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir in mushrooms, green and red peppers, squash, onion, paprika, basil, garlic salt, and pepper; cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in beef and tomatoes; simmer about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
source : allrecipes.com