“The lemon flavor gives you a pleasant surprise in this tender goulash served over egg noodles.”
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 1 pinch caraway seeds (optional)
- 1 pound onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 (10 ounce) package broad egg noodles, cooked, rinsed, drained (Kosher for Passover)
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the stew meat, caraway seeds, onion and paprika. Cook and stir until the meat is browned, and the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and lemon zest, and cook for about a minute, then stir in the tomato paste and beef consomme, adding water if necessary to cover the meat. Cover, and simmer over medium-low heat for 1 1/2 hours.
- Just before the meat is done cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and serve the goulash spooned over the egg noodles.
source : allrecipes.com