- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 6 drops red food coloring
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- Prep :
- Cook :
- Ready In :
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions for two 9 inch round cake pans. Cool thoroughly.
- Stir ice cream to soften. Mix in food coloring, and 1/2 cup of the lemonade concentrate. Spread ice cream mixture evenly in a foil-lined, 9 inch round cake pan. Freeze until firm, about 2 to 3 hours.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Top with ice cream layer, then top with the second layer of cake. Put the assembled cake back into the freezer.
- Beat the whipping cream with the remaining lemonade and sugar until fluffy, and peaks form. Frost sides and top of cake with whipped cream mixture. Return cake to freezer for at least one hour before serving.
source : allrecipes.com