“A light lemon dessert! Delicious! I usually double the recipe and bake it in ramekins. My mother used to make this and it has been a favorite with our family or anyone we serve it to.”
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 egg yolks, well beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk sugar, flour, and salt together in a bowl; stir in milk, lemon juice, egg yolks, and lemon zest until smooth.
- Beat egg whites in a glass or metal bowl until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites will form sharp peaks. Fold egg whites into flour mixture; pour into a 1-quart baking dish.
- Set baking dish in a baking pan. Pour water into baking pan to make a 1-inch deep water bath around baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set in the middle, about 50 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
source : allrecipes.com