“This is a very flavorful Indian rice pudding. It’s the best rice pudding I’ve ever had, and very easy to make!”
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup Basmati rice
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon rose water (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- Bring the coconut milk, milk and sugar to a boil in a large saucepan. Add Basmati rice, and simmer over low heat until the mixture thickens and the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the raisins, cardamom and rose water, and cook for a few more minutes. Ladle into serving bowls, and garnish with almonds and pistachios.
source : allrecipes.com