- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 (1/2 inch) piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Prep :
- Cook :
- Ready In :
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Pour in olive oil and warm until hot. Add chicken thighs and brown on both sides, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, honey, apple cider vinegar, ginger, and garlic in a bowl for the marinade. Pour marinade over chicken thighs in the pot and bring to a simmer; cook for 2 minutes and scrape browned bits off bottom of pot. Turn off Saute mode. Close and lock the lid.
- Select high pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions; set timer for 10 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, 10 to 40 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Stir cold water and cornstarch together in a small bowl. Remove chicken thighs from Instant Pot(R) and transfer to a plate.
- Select Saute function. Pour cornstarch mixture into the remaining sauce in the pot. Cook until sauce has thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off Saute mode. Pour some of the sauce over teriyaki thighs and serve.
source : allrecipes.com