- 3 tablespoons herbes de Provence
- 6 chicken legs
- 4 chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- 1 tablespoon lavender flowers
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Prep :
- Cook :
- Ready In :
- Rub the herbes de Provence into the chicken legs and thighs.
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select the Saute function. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and sliced garlic. Add chicken legs and thighs to the pot and brown on both sides, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove chicken from pot and set aside. Add chicken stock to the pot and place a rack inside. Return chicken to the pot, on top of the rack. Close and lock the lid; choose high pressure and set the timer for 25 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce. Whisk honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, thyme leaves, remaining oil, and lavender flowers together in a small bowl.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Transfer chicken to the prepared baking sheet. Brush sauce liberally over the chicken; reserve remaining sauce.
- Broil chicken in the preheated oven until browned, about 2 minutes, watching carefully to prevent burning.
- Pour remaining sauce into a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add one ladleful of liquid from the pressure cooker. Whisk in cornstarch and boil until reduced by half or thickened to your preference, stirring frequently to prevent burning, 1 to 3 minutes. Serve sauce alongside chicken.
source : allrecipes.com