- 4 (6 ounce) chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons mild yellow curry powder (such as Savory Spice(R))
- 1 teaspoon honey powder (such as Savory Spice(R))
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon mild yellow curry powder (such as Savory Spice(R))
- Prep :
- Cook :
- Ready In :
- Season chicken thighs with 2 teaspoons curry powder, honey powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Heat oil and butter. Add chicken and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Add onion; cook and stir until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger; cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Return chicken to Instant Pot(R). Add tomatoes and tomato powder. Close and lock the lid.
- Select high pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions; set timer for 20 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, for 10 minutes. Switch to the quick-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions and release remaining pressure for about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Turn on Saute function. Add coconut milk, cumin, and remaining curry powder to the pot. Cook until sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
source : allrecipes.com