- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup halved dried apricots
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Cook :
- Ready In :
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Place olive oil in the hot cooker and fry chicken thighs until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken from the inner pot and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to the pot, followed by cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, red pepper flakes, and saffron. Cook and stir until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Press Cancel to leave Saute mode.
- Place chicken back into the pot on top of onion mixture. Pour in tomatoes and chicken broth. Sprinkle apricots over the top. Season with salt and pepper. Close and lock the lid.
- Select high pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions; set timer for 15 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, 10 to 40 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Stir in chickpeas and mint leaves.
source : allrecipes.com