“Amazing Indian recipe that is simple, tasty, and full of flavor. This was the first Indian meal I made, and it has stuck around since all of my friends and family love it! Add more or less chiles depending on your spice preference.”
- 3 tablespoons water
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 serrano chile peppers, stemmed
- 1 (2 inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried fenugreek leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 plum tomatoes, grated
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Puree water, garlic, serrano chile peppers, and ginger together in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Heat ghee in a 6-quart saucepan over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in hot ghee until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Cook and stir garlic puree in the 6-quart saucepan until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add onion; cook and stir until golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Add fenugreek, coriander, garam masala, and turmeric to onion mixture; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir tomatoes into onion mixture; cook and stir until tomatoes are lightly browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Add chicken, milk, and cream; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover saucepan, and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center and tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer chicken to a serving platter using a slotted spoon. Continue cooking sauce until slightly reduced, 5 to 7 more minutes. Stir cilantro into sauce and pour over chicken.
source : allrecipes.com