“Feeding a crowd for breakfast or brunch is a rise-and-shine situation when you prep this cheesy, smoked sausage-filled casserole the night before.”
- 5 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 10 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) package Hillshire Farm(R) Smoked Sausage
- Chopped chives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13x2-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the thawed hash browns, onion, and bell peppers. Reserve a 1/2 packed cup of cheese and mix the remaining 1 1/2 cups with the hash brown mixture. Transfer to the baking dish and smooth into an even layer.
- In the same bowl, whisk together the eggs, Dijon, hot sauce, half-and-half, salt, and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the hash brown mixture and gently press down with the back of a spoon to help hash browns absorb the egg.
- Cut the rope sausage crosswise into 1/4-inch slices. Lay across the top of the hash browns and gently press into the mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove and top with reserved cheese. Increase temperature to 400 degrees F and finish baking just until eggs are set and top is slightly brown, about 7 to 10 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped chives or parsley if desired, then serve.
source : allrecipes.com