- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Prep :
- Cook :
- Ready In :
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl and stir with a fork to mix ingredients well.
- Combine butter, white sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add eggs and vanilla extract and beat until smooth and fluffy. Add in flour mixture, 1 cup at a time, and mix in with a spatula until well incorporated. Fold in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips until well combined.
- Drop cookies onto ungreased baking sheets. Pour 1/2 cup chocolate chips into a bowl. Push about 3 to 4 chocolate chips onto each cookie, tip-side down, to make the spider bodies.
- Bake in the the preheated oven until edges are golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack.
- Melt remaining 1/2 cup chocolate in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 15-second intervals, stirring after each melting, 1 to 3 minutes. Spoon melted chocolate into a piping bag with a small tip and draw little legs on each side of the spider bodies to create spider legs.
source : allrecipes.com