“This is one of my favorite holiday pies. Serve with whipped cream. Yum!”
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
- In top of double boiler, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, salt and milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture starts to thicken, about 20 minutes.
- Whisk in egg yolks; continue to cook and stir until filling is thickened.
- While pudding mixture is cooking, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Remove filling from heat, and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Pour filling into prepared pie crust. Bake in preheated oven until top begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
source : allrecipes.com