“Sauteed chicken breasts topped with a mayonnaise/mustard/rosemary spread and graced by 2 slices of garlic rosemary focaccia bread. These sandwiches are great when you want a quick supper, but not something from the freezer. They remind me of an expensive sandwich from an upscale deli. The spread and the chicken can be made in advance, and the chicken can be eaten hot or cold.”
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 8 slices garlic and rosemary focaccia bread
- Sprinkle pepper on one side of each chicken cutlet. Heat oil in a large skillet; brown garlic in oil, then add chicken, pepper-side-down. Saute chicken until cooked through and juices run clear, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, mustard and rosemary. Mix together and spread mixture on 4 slices focaccia bread. Place 1 chicken cutlet on each of these slices, then top each with another bread slice.
source : allrecipes.com