“Simple dish with tender carrots with a buttery glaze and a mild sweetness.”
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Place carrots into a large saucepan, pour in enough water to reach depth of 1 inch, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer carrots until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Melt butter in the same saucepan; stir brown sugar, salt, and white pepper into butter until brown sugar and salt have dissolved. Transfer carrots into brown sugar sauce; cook and stir until carrots are glazed with sauce, about 5 more minutes.
source : allrecipes.com