“Smoked sausage and flatbread are quickly grilled and combined with a juicy watermelon-tomato salsa in this easy sandwich recipe that’ll have you grilling all summer long.”
- 1 cup chopped seeded watermelon
- 1 cup chopped multicolor cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) package Hillshire Farm(R) Smoked Sausage
- 4 flatbreads
- Lime wedges
- For Watermelon Salsa: In a medium bowl, combine watermelon, tomatoes, green onion, basil, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat; set aside.
- Place sausage on the rack of a gas or charcoal grill directly over medium heat. Cover and grill for 7 to 9 minutes or until heated through (160 degrees F), turning once. Place flatbreads on grill rack over heat. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted, turning once.
- To serve, slice grilled sausage. Divide sliced sausage among toasted flatbreads. Top with Watermelon Salsa and serve with lime wedges.
source : allrecipes.com