This dish can be put together the night before, covered and placed in the fridge, and baked in the morning. Baking time may be longer. Also, according to BHG, you can double the ingredients and place in a 9×13 baking pan.
- 3 cups of frozen hash browns- I use the shredded ones
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1 cup of diced ham, or can use cooked sausage
- 1 cup shredded cheese- I used Colby-Jack
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt- I used less because the ham was so salty
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8x2 inch (2 quarts), baking pan. Pour the 3 cups of frozen hash browns into pan and distribute evenly in the pan. Sprinkle potatoes with the green onions, ham and then the cheese. Mix eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together and pour over all. Bake in oven for about 50 minutes, until eggs are set and top is golden. Pierce middle with a knife to test for it to be done. The casserole will puff up during baking. Hope you enjoy!