“Comfort food gets a flavorful upgrade with seared rope smoked sausage in this delicious meal, in partnership with Hillshire Farm(R) Brand.”
- 1 (8 ounce) package uncooked pappardelle pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) package Hillshire Farm(R) Rope Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2″ coins
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup refrigerated prepared pesto
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking water.
- Heat oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high. Add sausage and mushrooms and cook about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned. Remove to a plate; carefully wipe pan clean as it may be hot.
- Melt butter in pan over medium; add garlic and cook until it just begins to brown, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes. Add half-and-half and cream cheese; bring to a simmer, whisking constantly until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper until smooth. Add pasta and sausage mixture; toss to coat. Thin sauce with reserved pasta water if necessary.
- Serve in shallow bowls topped with pesto, basil, and remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
source : allrecipes.com