- 8 oz.rice noodles
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 small shallots, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 c. thinly sliced green onions, plus more for serving
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp. lime juice
- Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add shallots and season with salt. Cook until golden and crispy, about 5 minutes. Transfer shallots to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add sesame oil to skillet. When sesame oil is fragrant, stir in green onions and garlic and cook for one minute. Add soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes (if using). Simmer until sauce has reduced slightly, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add cooked noodles and toss to combine. Garnish with crispy shallots and more green onions. Serve immediately.