- 1 14-ounce package extra firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- drizzle of oil and soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
Coconut Curry Ramen:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 8 oz. shiitake mushrooms (2–3 cups sliced)
- 2 bok choy, chopped (2–3 cups chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1-inch piece of peeled fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 6–8 oz. ramen noodles (see notes)
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- squeeze of lime juice
Optional Finishing Touches:
- sesame oil
- hoisin sauce
- chili paste
- green onions
- sesame seeds
- Tofu: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Press some / most of the water out of the tofu. Cut into cubes. Toss gently in a bowl with the cornstarch until coated. Drizzle with oil and soy sauce. Transfer to baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes, until golden and crispy. Toss with a little bit of hoisin sauce.
- Chopping: While tofu bakes, chop the veggies.
- Vegetables: Heat the oil in a large, deep pot over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and bok choy. Saute for 3-5 minutes, until soft. Add garlic, ginger, and curry powder. Saute for 3-5 minutes, until fragrant.
- Noodles: Add the broth and bring to a simmer. Add ramen noodles and simmer until cooked (usually takes 3-4 minutes). Add coconut milk. Season with salt and lime juice.
- Finish: Serve ramen and broth in bowls, topped with tofu, sesame oil, sesame seeds, green onions… you get the idea. Grab your chopsticks and Go. To. Town.