“A low-carb approach to enchiladas with zucchini tortillas.”
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 1/3 cups green enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped Hatch chile peppers, drained
- 4 large zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, chili powder, and oregano. Stir until combined. Add shredded chicken, 1 cup enchilada sauce, and green chiles. Stir until well combined.
- Slice zucchini into thin, wide sheets using a vegetable peeler or a mandoline. Lay out 3 zucchini slices, slightly overlapping, and place a spoonful of the chicken mixture on top. Roll up and transfer to a baking dish. Repeat with remaining zucchini and chicken mixture.
- Spread remaining 1/3 cup enchilada sauce over zucchini enchiladas. Sprinkle with Cheddar-Jack cheese blend.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese has melted, about 20 minutes. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
source : allrecipes.com