“A whole chicken cut into pieces and baked with a simple mixture of olive oil, chicken stock, garlic, spices and cheese – topped with balsamic vinegar just before serving. The best Chicken Savoy on the planet is served at the Belmont Tavern in Bloomfield, where it was invented by Stretch himself. Go there, order Savoy for two, and order Zita with pot cheese. They make a wonderful combination. The place is not fancy, but the food is outstanding. This is a recipe to eat with your fingers and get juices on your hands. Yum!”
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place chicken pieces in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Pour oil and stock over chicken and sprinkle with garlic. Season with oregano, salt and pepper and top with cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 to 60 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- Pour vinegar over chicken and serve.
source : allrecipes.com