- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1 cup diced sweet bell peppers
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/3 cup creme fraiche or heavy cream
- 4 cups cubed roasted chicken
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish
- Prep :
- Cook :
- Ready In :
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and salt. Saute until mushrooms release their moisture. Continue cooking until moisture evaporates and mushrooms begin to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Add shallots; cook and stir just until shallots soften, 3 or 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in flour to coat the mushrooms; cook until flour begins to turn golden, about 5 minutes, to form roux. Add peppers; cook and stir about 1 minute. Pour in sherry wine; allow to sizzle about 30 seconds. Stir in stock. Raise heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. When it starts to bubble, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until slightly thickened, 10 to 15 minutes stirring occasionally. Add nutmeg and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in thyme, parsley, cream, and chicken. Reduce heat to low and cook until chicken is heated through, about 5 minutes. Check seasonings and adjust as needed. Top each serving with some chopped fresh chives.
source : allrecipes.com