“This is an easy but good breakfast casserole. The cheese and bacon give it a lovely flavor.”
- cooking spray
- 4 slices bread, crusts removed
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup egg substitute (such as Egg Beaters(R))
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Place bread slices in a single layer in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Whisk milk, egg substitute, and chives together in a bowl; pour over bread slices into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle bacon crumbles over the top. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Remove and discard plastic wrap from baking dish; let dish come to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake casserole in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over the top and continue baking until cheese is melted and casserole is set, about 5 minutes more.
source : allrecipes.com