- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup pecan halves (optional)
- 1 apple, sliced (optional)
- 12 slices bread
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook :
- Ready In :
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Heat brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a saucepan over medium heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with pecans. Arrange apple slices over pecans. Layer bread slices over apple in two layers.
- Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla extract, almond extract, and salt in a bowl; pour over bread and allow to set for 1 hour at room temperature or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Uncover and bake in preheated oven until fluffy and golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes.
source : allrecipes.com