“This simple buttermilk custard pie is an American classic.”
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.)
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour. Beat in the eggs and buttermilk until blended. Stir in the melted butter and vanilla. Pour filling into the pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until filling is set, about 45 minutes.
source : allrecipes.com