Chocolate chip cookie blondie bars are a chewy cookie bar loaded with chocolate chips and the best dessert! These bars bake in one pan and are so simple to make. They bake up perfectly sweet & chewy each time with crisp, buttery edges and a super soft middle. If you love chocolate chip cookies then you will want to make these.
Yesterday was my sister’s birthday so the kids and I made these chocolate chip cookie blondie bars to celebrate. Because if I lived close to her then I would have been bringing these to her. She’s pregnant with twins and I am pretty sure every pregnant lady needs these deliciously chewy and chocolatey cookie bars. In fact, everyone needs these because they are so crazy delicious.
I’ll be totally honest and say that these were gone in 1 day at my house. My kids went crazy over them. My 2 year old also decided that she needed to take a plate of them outside and then leave it out there. Only to come back later and find ants all over it ?
These bars bake up in a 9×13 baking pan and they are thick, chewy, and buttery cookie bars. The edge pieces are a bit crispy (in a good way) and the middle pieces are so soft. I normally don’t like edge pieces of bars but these were an exception. They were my favorite!
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
2/3 cup white granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs, room temp.
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 9×13 pan with parchment paper.
I spray with cooking spray first to help the parchment stick. Then
proceed with two folded pieces of parchment that overextend past the
edges of the pan (one lengthwise and one across the width, making a
criss-cross). See picture below. I do not add any extra cooking spray or
butter. The parchment alone will prevent sticking.
2. In a large bowl, whisk butter and sugars until smooth. Whisk in egg and vanilla.
3. Add flour and salt and stir gently with a spatula to combine. Mix until just moistened (do not overmix). Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Transfer mixture into parchment-lined pan. Spread the batter out evenly across the surface of the pan.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Allow pan to cool completely. Then use the overhanging parchment to lift out of the pan completely. Place on a cutting board and cut into squares or desired pieces with a sharp knife. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days
Source : allrecipes