- 1 (9 inch) pie shell
- 6 cups thinly sliced apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Cook :
- Ready In :
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place sliced apples in a large bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice, if desired. In a small bowl, mix together white sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle mixture over apples and toss until apple slices are evenly coated. Stir in raisins and walnuts (optional). Transfer mixture into pastry shell.
- In a small bowl ,mix together 1/2 cup flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter or margarine until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle mixture over apple filling. Cover top loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes, until top is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
source : allrecipes.com