- 2 apples – peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prep :
- Cook :
- Ready In :
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Butter a 9 inch round cake pan or 9 1/2 inch springform pan.
- Using a fork, work flour with brown sugar and butter in a large bowl until crumbly. Stir in nuts. Divide mixture in half. Evenly press half into pan bottom to form a crust.
- Stir baking soda, cinnamon, and salt into remaining crumb mixture until blended, then make a well in the center. In a small bowl, lightly beat egg with sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in apples.
- Evenly spread batter over crumb mixture. Bake until a cake tester inserted into center comes out fairly clean, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. If top gets too brown before cake is baked, lightly lay a piece of foil over top for last 10 to 20 minutes of baking. Cool in pan on a rack. Serve with Brown Sugar Sauce. Cake keeps well at room temperature for a day. Covered, it freezes well and is easily cut while still frozen.
source : allrecipes.com