“My Grandma used to make this chicken and it was my mom’s favorite. It is very easy, quick, flexible, and delicious. You may add as many different veggies and any amount you want. The broth made from this is great to dip bread and butter; my brother loves to have it as soup. Yum!!!”
- 8 chicken legs
- 5 large white potatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package baby carrots
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 yellow squash, quartered lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups water, or as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the chicken legs in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Arrange potatoes, carrots, garlic, and squash around the chicken. Top with onion slices. Season with parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Place 1/2 tablespoon butter on each chicken leg. Pour water into pan to a level of about 1/2 inch.
- Cover pan with foil and cook 1 hour in the preheated oven. Remove foil and continue cooking 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender and chicken juices run clear.
source : allrecipes.com